The Sport stream of the Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) - Subclass 408 visa is for applicants who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition with Australian citizens or residents.
The sports stream allows visa holders to:
- participate in a specific event or series of events as an individual or as part of a team
- to play, coach or instruct for an Australian sporting team or organisation
- judge or adjudicate a sporting competition or show.
For sports people or coaches wishing to participate in a sport for a longer period of time there are other options available such as the 482 program.
International athletes or coaches who are still active in their sport may be eligible for permanent residency in Australia through the Distinguished Talent visa program.
Key people for Sports Visas
Registered Migration Agent Number: 1910863
Susan is a registered migration agent primarily working with our corporate clients and processing employer-sponsored visa applications such as 457 visas.
Registered Migration Agent Number: 1572632
Matt is a registered migration agent at Migration Solutions, assisting with employer sponsored visas, and sports visas.
Sports Visa video testimonials
Migration Solutions in the Media
- Mark discusses how the incoming reform measures to the 457 visa program will make the category …Read More >
- SOUTH Australia has become reliant on immigrants to prevent the state’s population from going into free-fall …Read More >