Mark Glazbrook is CEO of Migration Solutions. He has been a trusted voice of the migration profession for over 20 years, commonly quoted in the media as a commentator and strong advocate for immigration reform. He established his professional practice in Adelaide in 2001 and has grown Migration Solutions to become the largest migration agency in South Australia, providing guidance, advice, information or support services to over 35,000 people.
Being involved in the migration profession since 1998 and a registered Migration Agent since 2001, Mark has significant experience and expertise in the provision of immigration assistance in Australia. This has also led to an in-depth understanding of the Migration Act 1958 and the Migration Agents Regulations 1998.
As a passionate advocate for migration reform and the strategic implications migration has on economic and industry growth, Mark consults to individual applicants, families, business, industry, regions and government on pathways to achieve their goals through the Australian migration program. This has included facilitating industry round table discussions between business / industry associations / regional development / state government, on multiple occasions, including during the development of the South Australian (SA) Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA). He has championed independent research on the relationship between economic growth and immigration, using results to address State and Federal Governments, politicians, and departments, about a range of migration issues. This has led to:
- Appointment on committees, boards and panels, as an expert advisor for the SA Government, Committee for Adelaide and Migration Industry Association
- Appearing before committees to give evidence to five regional and state government migration reviews and inquiries
- Submissions to 11 state and federal reviews and inquiries
- Appointment of Migration Solutions to the South Australian Landing Pad, as well as the Defence and Space Landing Pad panels.
Mark is often called upon by media for expert commentary and have appeared in over 200 articles. At industry conferences, across mining, infrastructure and immigration, he has introduced concepts around immigration and population, economic growth, skills shortages, regional growth and future workforce planning. Mark actively contributes to the migration debate, providing strategic advice on economic impacts, migrant rights and giving industry a voice to sustain and grow through immigration pathways. This has included speaking with SA and Federal Government representations to provide advice and insight on migration policy impacts, with my network stretching from SA State Government Politicians, Ministers and the Premier to Federal Politicians, Senators, Immigration Ministers and the Prime Minister.
- Expert Advisor in the review of the SA Training Act, 2019
- Sustainability for our People Chair, Committee for Adelaide, 2019
- Member, Migration Ministerial Advisory Council 2019, Minister for Innovation and Skills
- Member, Population Committee, Committee for Adelaide
- Industry Advocate Advisory Panel, Office of the Industry Advocate, SA Government, 2019
- Former MIA State President 2011-2013
- Former MIA National Board Member 2011-2013
- Skilled Migration Growth Group Chair, 2007-2011
Submissions to State and Federal reviews and inquiries
- Creating a world class migration advice industry review, 2020
- The economic contribution of migration to South Australia, Economic and Finance Committee, 2019
- Inquiry into migration in regional Australia, 2019
- Economic and finance committee Population Strategy review (SA Government), 2012
- Select Committee on Regional Development and Decentralisation, 2017
- Business/Entrepreneurial program review
- Reviewing the Skilled Migration and 400 Series Visa Programmes, 2014
- Joint submission to the review of skilled migration and 400 series programs, 2014
- 457 Integrity review, 2014
- Review of the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT), 2016
- Skilled Migration Deregulation Taskforce, Skilled Migration and Temporary Activity Review, 2015
- Knight student visa review, 2011
- SA Government inquiry into the Labour Hire Industry, 2015
Appearing before committees to give evidence including:
- Inquiry into migration in regional Australia 2019
- The economic contribution of migration to South Australia 2019
- Select Committee on Regional Development and Decentralisation 2018
- SA Environment, Resources and Development Committee Population Strategy 2011
Speaking at conferences and events including:
- MIA national conference (2017)
- Welcoming Cities SA Conference (2019)
- Australian Drilling Industry Association (2019)
- SA Infrastructure conference (2013)
- Global Maintenance Upper Spencer Gulf Conference (2010)
You can access some of his media and speaking engagement here.
- Corporate partnering to improve availability of experienced candidates to fill industry skills gaps
- Future workforce planning for business, corporates and industry
- A leading expert in migration program trends and outcomes, immigration rules, regulations and policy
- Specialising in Temporary and Permanent Employer-Sponsored Migration
- Actively working towards South Australia achieving a better share of the migration program to underpin population growth and economic prosperity.
Migration Agent Registration Number: 0100185