Employer Sponsored visas are designed for employers to address skill shortages in their business that aren’t available in the local industry or marketplace
There are a number of options for employers seeking to fill skills gaps in their workforce. Migration Solutions has a dedicated Corporate Team to support you to identify the best visa pathway to attract and retain those people who will support you to grow, transfer important skills to your workforce and sustain your business.
Two of the main visa types in this category are:
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) subclass 494 visa
- Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) subclass 186 visa.
It’s best to consult one of our specialist Migration Agents to understand the visa conditions and determine eligibility. We have provided some information for you on this web page, but it’s best to consult a professional to gain advice specific to your circumstances. We have Agents accomplished in this visa category, who would welcome your approach.
This visa is designed for employers to The 494 visa is available to skilled workers from inside or outside of Australia to work in designated regional areas, which include the whole of South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory, along with areas outside of our larger cities, being Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
There are two main streams when applying for this visa:
- Employer Sponsored – nominated by an approved business sponsor.
- Labour Agreement stream – For those nominated by an employer through a labour agreement.
The application involves 4 key steps under the Employer Sponsored stream:
- The nominating business must be approved as a standard business sponsor.
- The business must lodge an application with the local Regional Certifying Body for advice.
- The business lodges a nomination application nominating the visa applicant for the role.
- The visa applicant lodges their visa application.
Skilled workers can apply through this program if they:
- Want to live and work in designated regional Australia (all areas of Australia except Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne).
- Have been nominated by an approved Australian business sponsor located in a designated regional area of Australia.
- Are under 45 years of age (exemptions apply).
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements.
- Have at least three years post qualification work experience in the nominated occupation.
- Have a successful skills assessment in their nominated occupation.
In some situations, it is possible to obtain a waiver of these requirements.
Can I work in the city if I apply for a 494 Visa?
This is a question that our experienced Migration Agents are commonly asked. The 494 visa is specifically designed for employers to address skill shortages in designated regional areas. All of Australia is defined as being a designated regional area except for big cities such as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Therefore, it is possible to live and work in great cities like Adelaide, Darwin, Perth and Hobart (and many more) under this visa.
Key partner visa migration agents
Executive Migration Agent
Migration Agent (Corporate)
Principal Migration Agent