Western Australia has launched their 2023 – 2024 Skilled Migration State Nomination Program. There are opportunities available for prospective skilled migrants to live and work in Western Australia, a place with a thriving economy and ancient landscape.
This latest iteration introduces fresh modifications from the previous fiscal year, aiming to facilitate seamless job integration for skilled newcomers in WA. They include:
- No application fee
- Equitable consideration for onshore and offshore candidates
- Elevated priority for candidates specialising in critically essential professions within WA
- Reduced employment requisites for candidates receiving invitations via WA’s building and construction industry sector occupations.
The Western Australian 2023-2024 Skilled Migration State Nomination Program extends its benefits to eligible applicants aspiring for the following skilled visa subclasses:
Key qualification criteria
- Fulfill the eligibility prerequisites specified by the Department of Home Affairs for the intended visa subclass.
- Nominate an occupation present in the relevant list.
- Possess a positive and valid skills assessment
- Satisfy the minimum English language requirements.
To vie for a Western Australian State Nomination invitation, your occupation must align with the specific stream requisites. These two distinct streams are:
- General Stream – An avenue encompassing a diverse array of occupations and industry sectors. Eligible occupations are listed on the WA Skilled migration occupation list.
- Graduate Stream – An avenue tailored for eligible international students completing vocational education and training (VET) of at least a Certificate III or higher education qualifications, such as a PhD or Bachelor’s degree. Eligible occupants are listed on the Graduate occupations list.
If your chosen occupation corresponds to the Western Australia Skilled Migration Occupation List and meets the established criteria, you might qualify under the designated stream.
Prerequisites for general stream
- A minimum of one year’s worth of professional experience in the nominated (or closely related) occupation, either in Australia or abroad (for subclass 190 and 491).
- An employment contract spanning a minimum of six months for a full-time position in WA within the nominated (or closely related) occupation (for subclass 190).
Prerequisites for graduate stream
- Attainment of a qualification at the certificate III level or above from an accredited educational institution in WA.
- Completion of two years of fulltime face-to-face, on campus study in WA, fulfilling the stipulated requirement.
For additional information and support
If you meet the above criteria, you stand a high chance of being invited to apply for the State Nomination Program in Western Australia. Anticipated invitation rounds are set to commence in August/September 2023.
Should you desire an in-depth consultation regarding your circumstances or require further information, feel free to reach out to our office, Migration Solutions at 08 8210 9800 or submit an online inquiry via our website.
Your journey towards a promising future in Western Australia awaits!