Immigration South Australia has unveiled a new state nomination pathway, termed ‘chain migration’ for visa applicants.
Chain migration will allow applicants with an immediate family member (sibling, parent or grandparent) permanently residing in South Australia to apply for a state nomination.
- Ability to apply for permanent (190) or provisional (489) visa
- Access to a more extensive occupation list compared to DIBP’s Skilled Occupation List
- Instant visa invitation from DIBP once approved for state nomination
- Priority visa processing with DIBP
- Have completed a Bachelor degree or higher
- Meet all DIBP criteria and Immigration South Australia criteria
- Have 60 points on the DIBP test
- Be an immediate family member (sibling, parent, grandparent, adoptive parent/sibling)
- Be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen
- Have resided in South Australia for the past 12 months.
N.B Quotas apply for chain migration pathway. Once reached, no further applications will be accepted for the rest of the program year.
Source: Immigration South Australia
Anyone seeking further information about this program is encouraged to contact Migration Solutions in order to discuss the impact it may have on their visa eligiblity options.